Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

1st PD assessment

I had my first assessment this evening. (yes i never had an assessment since i was born!) and the doc made me do several things, which i did, and which impressed Daddy and Mummy so...

1) I could stack the blocks.. (i never did them at hm, but i did it at the clinic! its a treat for Mummy! ha!)
2) I could scribble on a notepad with a pencil (holding the pencil almost correctly!) - this time Mummy's eyes open wide..
3) I could pick up a small block and put it into a cup as doc instructed - Mummy's jaws dropped.
4) I could pick up the raisin.. and put it in my mouth to eat (even tho the doc said to put it into the cup.) ok ok.. the 2nd raisin went into the cup alright.. Mummy's jaws dropped further.
5) I showed doc how i could point at wat i want
6) I followed the light (from the torchlight) in the dark very quickly - no sweat we do this at BJG from day 1. ha!
7) I could not say many words but i demonstrated to doc how i could shout loudly, Dah-Dah!!
8) Doc also said i am a cautious baby, and that is why i still have no confidence to walk walk by myself yet. Mummy is worried, but doc said to let me take my time. Good thinking doc!

Overall doc said my abilities were of 75th percentile range. Not bad har?!

Funny thing, Mummy said how come this doc never did take my height and weight and head circumference and all the physical stuff. How come doc oni concentrated on my motor and language abilities? Not going back to her for assessments anymore, Daddy says.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

shauna is such a clever little girl! she's growing up fast and well! AHH. ((: