Baby Shauna came as a pleasant surprise to us. I was so excited over a job offer and on the very day that I had to go down to the office to sign the offer letter (20th September 2004), I discovered I was pregnant!
For the last 2 days I had felt strange and thought it must be some gastric attack from all the late lunches. Daddy jokingly said maybe you are preg, i dismissed it as a joke. We have been wanting to start a family but we concluded we will leave it in the hands of our Heavenly Father. Anyway, just before i set off to sign the offer letter, i felt funny and Daddy's joke keep nagging at me. In the end i detoured and went to the nearby pharmacy and grab a pregnancy kit, and tested. I send an MMS to Daddy on the postive test, and Daddy called back almost instantly!
Thank goodness i still managed to get the job in the end even tho they got to know that i was preg. Whether i enjoyed my career there after that? oh well some things shall be left unsaid.. but i see all of these events as Blessings laid out for us.
The pregnancy went well with occasional tiredness and aches here and there. But it was a nice pregnancy.. and I enjoyed all the attention while it lasted. I was given the name "Queen Bee" which i grew accustomed to rather quickly. The Queen Bee ALWAYS gets her way.
Shauna was born after 19 hours of wait on the 38th week, she refused to come out even after induction, so Mummy was pushed in for Caesarian. She is a pretty strong kid, cos when she came out, she screamed really loud and Daddy was sooo proud of her. Even now, Daddy is still so proud of her.

Someone ever asked me what is the meaning of Shauna? I said no idea, then she replied she read somewhere it means a Gift from God. I like to think of Shauna as our Gift from God ever since.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:
Post a Comment